Friday, August 5, 2011

Life is Beautiful, when You are in Love...…with Life itself!

It’s an age old saying – “Give respect and take respect”. True. Why just respect? Give anything and you get back the same, like this one – “What goes around comes back around”. This is true not just with people; it’s true with everything around you. Just give so much Love to your Life and see what it gives back! It’s just amazing – a magic almost! Just imagine, on a hot sunny afternoon, in heavy traffic, at a signal, when everyone else is frustrated, I’m smiling away to glory. Sitting at office, at tea break, I’m looking outside through the glass, sipping hot tea and I’m at peace – not breaking my head at coding or testing (or looking at the watch thinking of when to leave).


Sometimes, just sometimes, turn the pages of your childhood album, talk to your granny about how much they could do with 10 rupees in hand back then, sleep on your mom’s lap, feel the breeze while riding, go through your old slam book or personal diary, have a long walk with your best friend, eat pani puri roadside, ask dad “How was work today?”, smile at a total stranger, dance to the beats of your favorite song, sit with your entire family on the terrace, play with the kid next door, wear a new dress and flaunt it off like you’d do as a kid, share a chocolate with bro/sis, just look at the sky and imagine all possible objects the clouds look like, drop a tear of happiness and just ‘feel’ every single moment. If just reading this could bring a smile on your face, may be now you know why I was smiling on that hot sunny afternoon.


As my mentor says, take life at the rate of 1 second per second. No point in trying to go faster than that. Enjoy your present. One life – you can see it as, “Oh already 20 odd years over”, or as “So many more years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds and MOMENTS to live!!”


I’ve heard many people tell me “You’re a lucky gal”. Yes I am, because I believe I am! Life is beautiful if you think it is; you are lucky if you think you are. Everyone faces problems and difficulties in life. Sometimes you just have to accept the hard facts and move on. Life is all about turning the next page with as much curiosity as you did when you picked up the book.


I started looking at my Life from a whole new different perspective. Comments/queries welcome.

10 comments:

  1. Nd shru by reading it, I say that i'm Lucky too... Its beautifully articulated... keep going.. Now i'l enjoy each nd every moment of ma life..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a little doll showing me a beautifull world around.. :) Good thoughts will lead you in a good way. Am proud of you dear...

    Keep writing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. made me remind mny sweetest memories once again :) :)!specially d last few lines, life is al about turning d nxt page vid as much curiosity as u did when u picked up d book..WOW!!!just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post, your writing has improved so much, or I haven't read your previous posts properly!! "Life is beautiful if you think it is, you are lucky if you think you are".. Loved that!!
    And a long walk with a friend? It seems sometimes, just sometimes, that long walks with me have not gone a waste :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Pujitha: You are lucky dear :) And I'm waiting for that post of yours to come soon..

    @Madhuri akka: A part of this post comes from what I've learnt from you, trust me! Thank you :)

    @Beena ji: Always cherish those sweet memories of yours! Never let them go away..

    @Sandhya: Well, that 'long walks' phrase is just cos of you! Otherwise you know how much I don't like walking.. Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The title itself says it all:)
    What more,when ther's a friend,cousin,mentor like you to show how beautiful life is:) Its soo nice to go back to ur childhood and feel those moments:)Could feel it so much while reading the blog..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply Superb!! Mind Blowing!! This article has helped me to look at life easily and keep going, Thank you very much foe writing such a wonderful article..God Bless you. Yes we are Lucky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey really a gud one... was able to recollect the old times and had a smile on my face while reading the whole of the article... :)

    ReplyDelete