Friday, December 28, 2012

It's 'Now' or 'Now'

A couple of months ago, just when everything seemed to be going great, I gave a visit to my grandpa's place. My grandpa, who was all healthy for his age, was on bed when I saw him; he had stopped responding all of a sudden. He was trying really hard to breathe. We put all our efforts to make him respond for half an hour. His condition only got worse. For the first time in my life, I saw someone close to me being taken in an ambulance not knowing that he wouldn't return back alive.

Few months ago, I heard from a friend that her mom is in critical condition in the hospital. She had cancer, which was diagnosed only in the last stage. No medication would work. She passed away within a week.

A couple of weeks ago, my aunt slipped and fell down; she ended up having multiple fractures. It will take her months to start walking normally again, for something that happened in a split second!

Could she have done anything about it? Could my grandpa do anything about his life? Could my friend save her mother's life in any way? Can any of us avoid something like this happening to our near ones or us?? The answer is an obvious 'no'. That made me think for a moment - We get all stressed and all worked up trying to control our lives 3 - 4 yrs from now! Is the very next moment in our control? 

Someone who's in 12th is worried about getting a job 4 yrs later. Someone who has a 5yr old kid is worried how she'll fare in her 10th grade. Someone who's getting married is worried if she'll be happy in her new house (No, that's not me) Someone having a daughter is worried every moment if she's coming back home safe. Someone at job is worried about promotion two yrs later and this and that and the list goes on. Planning, anticipating and working towards it are justified; just "worrying", getting tensed and stressed out aren't!

While you are spending those few moments in worries, you're losing your precious present which was "future" few moments ago. I don't even know if this article is gonna reach my blog, so is there a point in me worrying how people are gonna take it? Instead, I can give my complete focus to what I'm writing and how I'm writing this very moment and be sure that I've given my best, enjoying the whole process of penning down my thoughts!

All I wanna say is, the next time your mind tends to worry, ask yourself if that's gonna help your present or future in any possible way, unless your favorite pastime is to worry and get worked up! Since the answer is 'no', give a smile and say "I'm gonna live this moment and not the next moment which I'm not even sure if it's gonna be mine!"
Relax and have a happy weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. Truly a very thought provoking blog. Brilliant one indeed..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one shruti. Indeed its not gonna help worrying about things if they aren't in our control and yes things are not in our control. Please keep writing such blogs and insprire us. But this was a brillant one.. keep writing and rocking :)

    ReplyDelete