Wednesday, February 6, 2013

This is where I belong


Change is something every living being resists, but when it’s a desired change, there’s nothing more you could ask for. We all need a break from our daily routine once in a while, a change in our way of life once in a while, a change in the environment once in a while, new clothes to wear once a while, fresh air once in a while, new friends once in a while….very importantly “once in a while”.

Away from my home and office, I travelled a few miles assuming that it would be another formality I’d be completing. As the day went by, I realized everything was so peaceful around me. Bright light inside the building & lot of space comforted me like never before. Clear thoughts on mind and positive vibes all around. I was already feeling sad that I would have to leave soon. For a moment I thought, I should extend my stay and relax for a few more days. The very thought brought deep joy & a broad smile on my face.

But wait, this is not where I belong. The night’s silence sure gives peace for a few days but it wouldn’t be long before I’d start finding the place lonely. The garden outside looks great, but very soon I’d find the rats & insects troubling. The fresh air is bliss, but somehow dust is what I’m used to! I belong to the city life; buildings are what I’d like to see, more than trees. I love talking to machines & gadgets more than real people. A walk on the road alone is peaceful but I need to see the vehicles too. This is how I am. This is how I prefer living. This is where I belong. Change is welcome for sure but I cannot be taken away from where I belong.

3 comments:

  1. Shruti yes change is a bliss when you like it and change makes a person feel that there are many more things to do in life than the daily routine.... hope you have a positive change always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing.. I wish I could express and pen down how am I feeling here right now. But this is an amazing.. :) Brilliant you are..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog it is!! You too blog just 'once in a while' but those are so powerful blogs with such depth in the perception that leaves an amazing impact in all our lives!! Just a small request- pl keep writing regularly and not just 'once in a while'... ;) :)

    ReplyDelete